Mail alarm problem - Sricam AP009

Reaction score
I bougt three cameras for surveillance.

I don´t have a pc, so I can only manage the cameras via the app for iphone: APCamera.

The thing is, I have filled in the email stuff, but I cant get the camera to send me email if it sees movement.

Probably I have done something wrong. Is there anyone out there who knows the proper settings?

:D:D:D

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
First we would need to know what email server are you using to send email to yourself?

BIll

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of your network settings tab..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Try changing SMTP port to 587 and see if that work.

Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also make sure your dns server is properly configured to google's dns 8.8.8.8 i have often seen folks with problems with email where for whatever reason they enter their router ip addess in the dns settings....

vboyaji

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought this camera and everything is working except my email notification. I have a gmail acount.
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I submit and when i press test. I get the following error.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
[/FONT]

Test ... Failed
Can not connect to the server

Please help how to resolve this problem. I need to purchase 7 more cameras. However, i need the email notification to work.

[/FONT]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought this camera and everything is working except my email notification. I have a gmail acount.
I submit and when i press test. I get the following error.

Test ... Failed
Can not connect to the server

Please help how to resolve this problem. I need to purchase 7 more cameras. However, i need the email notification to work.

Welcome to the forum..post screenshots of BOTH email and Network settings in the camera.
Also, i would recommend not buying these junk cameras..there are much better options from hikvision and dahua...take some time to read the forum before spending you money..

bpj

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are trying to set up a gmail account for email , in you gmail setting allow the option for "less secure apps" and then it will work.
I was pulling my hair out till i discovered this. Hope this can help.

pixarwoody

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are trying to set up a gmail account for email , in you gmail setting allow the option for "less secure apps" and then it will work.
Can you please post where in Gmail the setting is located. Huge thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please post where in Gmail the setting is located. Huge thanks!

Reaction score
Did you get the Cams emailing?....Ive just fitted one today and I cant get the cam to mail either

Mick

adesmond2

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get the Cams emailing?....Ive just fitted one today and I cant get the cam to mail either

Mick

Hi Mich,

I got the email alert with a screen shot of the person who walk pass in my junk mail.. I've set to safe and i got it in my inbox, pretty noisy as there's at least 20 people who walk pass my door daily,, :(

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too have a couple of Sricam A009 but I cannot figure out how to get the motion detection to email me. I have email accounts with BT (primary account), @me, the cloud and bigfoot.
I have the port set as 587 on the mail settings and port 21 on the FTP settings.
Can anyone help me?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I too have a couple of Sricam A009 but I cannot figure out how to get the motion detection to email me. I have email accounts with BT (primary account), @me, the cloud and bigfoot.
I have the port set as 587 on the mail settings and port 21 on the FTP settings.
Can anyone help me?
Setup a gmail account..see above posts..

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman this above posts don't help me as I am trying to set up the alerts on my iPhone. I cannot see an option for "safe" in the ap or gmail settings.....
Where do I input the IP 8.8.8.8?
How/where is the test facility?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score