Mailbox

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New to the forum. I set up a 10 IP camera system about 8 years ago. In the search of some new cameras brought me to this forum. Wanted to share the strangest event I caught on my cameras in 8 years. Long video (~10mins) but you will get the idea in the first min or two.

www.gadget-x.net/mailbox.mp4

Not sure how to embed this video in post since it is not on youtube or anything but link works.

M

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One too many wobbly pops?

Not a medical issue with EMS showing up then leaving.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty strange. I'll bet she was under influence of something (alcohol, Rx meds, etc.)...she could not wrap her around the fact that her SUV was NOT going anywhere. The fact that she didn't leave in that ambulance points to that. She might have made it off that mailbox if she had gotten out, looked and BACKED UP, not gone forward and on top of it but she was too out of it, I'll bet.
That might have been a blessing in itself....if she had travelled further, she may have killed someone.
Poor mailbox!

EDIT: Wow, on second look I see now that she clipped front bumper of the maroon pickup BEFORE she got to the cans, mailbox, etc. Pretty sure that her window's down...gotta be messed up to be driving in such a hard rain with the window down.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for sharing the clip, pretty crazy!

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The maroon pickup was rubbed for sure. there are folks on our block who also park their vehicles at the very end of their driveway just like the maroon pickup. They do that because they're tired of neighbors or other drivers utilizing their driveway to turn around. So they park their car at the end of their driveway so folks can't do that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
there are folks on our block who also park their vehicles at the very end of their driveway just like the maroon pickup. They do that because they're tired of neighbors or other drivers utilizing their driveway to turn around. So they park their car at the end of their driveway so folks can't do that.
That seems like it would encourage the window shoppers that come around in the early morning.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So far my camera system video has been used by law enforcement convictions in 2 cases. I would not be able to show those 2 but basically we had a group of teens that park at the end of street and try every vehicle for valuables and their garage openers. We also had a pissed off 19 year old boy who's girl friend broke up with him and he slashed her car tires and both of her parents tires. He was shown video and pleaded guilty immediately.

Law officers have come to our door several times looking for evidence but the old Vivoteks did not have good enough night vision. Funny thing is I have quite a few lighted signs saying "video on this premises may be used in Florida court of law...", camera are also very visible from street. Who knows...not so smart

M