Make time question

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Does lowering the make time have any affect on deep stack triggers?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it means that less time is needed before BI triggers.

DeepStack is only brought into the equation after BI triggers for motion, so the smaller the make time, the more sensitive the motion, but too small and DeepStack will be getting pinged all night. You need to find the balance between your field of view and what you are detecting.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it means that less time is needed before BI triggers.

DeepStack is only brought into the equation after BI triggers for motion, so the smaller the make time, the more sensitive the motion, but too small and DeepStack will be getting pinged all night. You need to find the balance between your field of view and what you are detecting.
Nice. Any suggestions on what you've found effective?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It comes down to your field of view, how long an object may be in the field of view, and what you are trying to accomplish.

Some of my cams are 0.1 seconds or 0 seconds (LPR at night) and some of my other cams are 1 second or more.

I would say 0.5 or 0.7 is a good starting point and then go up or down from there based on how your system is reacting.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It comes down to your field of view, how long an object may be in the field of view, and what you are trying to accomplish.

Some of my cams are 0.1 seconds or 0 seconds (LPR at night) and some of my other cams are 1 second or more.

I would say 0.5 or 0.7 is a good starting point and then go up or down from there based on how your system is reacting.
Cool thanks . I'll have to test different times out