Malicious OGNL Expression Upload from BI?

Reaction score
My Norton AV just stopped a "Malicious Attack" coming from BI. Maybe it was a legitimate packet upload, I don't know squat about it. Here's the message:
BI_ATTACK.jpg

The Attacker URL is my IP.
Anyone else see this? Maybe it was some kind of anomaly. Thanks!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
180.97.220 . 35 is the ip of a server in china that's found it's way onto a couple spam blacklists. Are you forwarding ports to your Blue Iris server?

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you port-forwarding traffic to Blue Iris? If 208.76.202.112 is your IP then it sounds like 80.97.220.35 was probing your machine for vulnerabilities, which Norton AV blocked. From the description here, it appears to be a vulnerability in Apache Struts, not something Blue Iris would be vulnerable to.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am Port forwarding to BI so I can access it remotely. Am I confused because "Attacker URL" really means "Attackee?" Also it used the term "Upload."

I guess I'm also confused by the the intransitive verb resulted preceded by third person singular past tense of be (was) instead of "had.:wtf:" It's not clear from this who did what.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I am Port forwarding to BI so I can access it remotely. Am I confused because "Attacker URL" really means "Attackee?" Also it used the term "Upload."

I guess I'm also confused by the the intransitive verb resulted preceded by third person singular past tense of be (was) instead of "had.:wtf:" It's not clear from this who did what.
Bottom line, don't forward ports.
Turn off UPNP in all devices.
Block cams from contacting the internet.
Use VPN: VPN Primer for Noobs