Manually Updating BI

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to update blue iris manually, outside the app?

I find the in app update process not reliable. I am now in a loop where I get a prompt to update, BI downloads the update. It installs it restarts. Then I get a prompt to update again (for the same version #)

I can't get past it.

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to update blue iris manually, outside the app?

I find the in app update process not reliable. I am now in a loop where I get a prompt to update, BI downloads the update. It installs it restarts. Then I get a prompt to update again (for the same version #)

I can't get past it.

Thx
Yes. You can either update from the forum here Blue Iris Software Updates
or the blue iris website support>updates

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've downloaded the newest update file (update64.exe) version 5.4.2.1 (April 7, 2021) and ran the executable. The service restarts, however, under settings, the version number is till the same (5.3.9.17 x64).

Support level: Basic
Expires: 3/25/2022

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update, I used the IPCamTalk Blue Iris link, and that update worked. The one from the Blue Iris website did not. Go figure.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The updates are doing something weird with me lately too. On the past couple updates, when I click the gear icon and there is an update available, this is the box that opens. Everyone of the tabs is blank too.

Update (2).jpg

When there are no updates available, clicking the gear icon opens the normal Blue Iris Settings tabs like it has since I updated to V5.