Masking object in BI 4.0

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all,
I must be missing something very simple but the directions I have seen online don't match to what I am seeing in the latest version on Blue Iris. Can someone tell me how to mask out an object that is constantly setting off the motion sensor? Would really appreciate it..I must be missing something simple here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I must be missing something very simple but the directions I have seen online don't match to what I am seeing in the latest version on Blue Iris. Can someone tell me how to mask out an object that is constantly setting off the motion sensor? Would really appreciate it..I must be missing something simple here.
you dont mask..you simply select the areas that you DO want motion detection to be active in. See the help file

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, when I draw the area, its a green circle, but the circle is not filled in with green. What am I doing wrong?

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, when I draw the area, its a green circle, but the circle is not filled in with green. What am I doing wrong?
If by "masking" you mean you'd want to cover your neighbor's Window so you don't see them naked, you do it on your camera.

Or you could do it with an overlay on BI (see attached image).

I re-read your post, on my BI under "Edit motion zones" screen. Green means it'll be taken into account when deciding motion. Red are "hot spots".

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all. What I mean is this.... I have an outdoor Christmas ornimate that keeps moving when the wind blows. I don't want that object to keep setting off the trigger and recording all the time when it moves. Ive attached a photo. Did I do this right?

Attachments

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all. What I mean is this.... I have an outdoor Christmas ornimate that keeps moving when the wind blows. I don't want that object to keep setting off the trigger and recording all the time when it moves. Ive attached a photo. Did I do this right?
It looks like you've properly eliminated the object from motion detection. Depending on how much the wind moves the ornament, you may need to increase the size of your non-detect area. Also, you will have to do this in all of your profiles if you are using multiple profiles.