Max rate keeps changing?

pkrexer

n3wb
Reaction score
When I select the max fps rate for a particular camera to say, 15fps. I'll log back in, usually a day or two later and the max rate changes back to a different value, usually 19 or 21 fps.

I haven't detected a pattern of when it changes, it seems pretty random.

What could be causing this to change without me doing anything?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From what I understand the max rate value in Blue Iris doesn't really do anything. You have to set the max fps in the camera interface itself. Maybe someone with more XP can verify.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I select the max fps rate for a particular camera to say, 15fps. I'll log back in, usually a day or two later and the max rate changes back to a different value, usually 19 or 21 fps.

I haven't detected a pattern of when it changes, it seems pretty random.

What could be causing this to change without me doing anything?
as noted, it auto adjusts...depending on what the camera is sending.

pkrexer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.. I guess I was unaware that it self adjusted to whatever the camera is sending it. Odd thing is though, the cameras are set to 15fps.. Maybe the fps are fluctuating above that to cause blue iris to adjust to a different rate?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.. I guess I was unaware that it self adjusted to whatever the camera is sending it. Odd thing is though, the cameras are set to 15fps.. Maybe the fps are fluctuating above that to cause blue iris to adjust to a different rate?
Blue Iris will set it to more than the actual frame rate... bottom line is ignore it .