Maybe I missed it... but any update to this section of Cliff Notes?

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
>>> Any 4k cameras (or > 2MP) with good night Image Quality?

I have 2 starlight 2mp cams already. Wondering if there are any new products with hi-res & low light performance...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
>>> Any 4k cameras (or > 2MP) with good night Image Quality?

I have 2 starlight 2mp cams already. Wondering if there are any new products with hi-res & low light performance...
Both dahua and hikvision have 4k cameras with decent low light performance, there are various threads on them. They have 1/2 (hik) and 1/1.8 (dahua) sensors). The cams with the 1/2.5 sensors are poor in low light.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why the heck is my text so big?? When creating, it didn't do that..... hmm.

Thanks fenderman! any that caught your eye?

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I really want (and most like all our fellow members here) is a eyeball/turret 4k with starlight (or like) performance... When will we see that day...?:idk:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I really want (and most like all our fellow members here) is a eyeball/turret 4k with starlight (or like) performance... When will we see that day...?:idk:
If you go to the Hikvision international site there is a 4K turret with a 1/2 inch sensor. It won't match the starlight but it will be good. You either need a camera or don't need a camera you can't wait around hoping for something to be released.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will check that out. Is it safe to assume Andy won't be supplying these...?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I will check that out. Is it safe to assume Andy won't be supplying these...?
Andy is not supplying any Hikvision or IPCT cameras, I am (he is only selling them on AliExpress for me since he's in China). Right now I'm sold out of the Night Eye cameras but plan on ordering more soon :headbang:

Actually, I have 1 of the 4K Night Eye bullets in stock that is not at Amazon that I could sell you if you're interested.

This 4K turret camera has good night vision as well - https://www.amazon.com/IP-Cam-Talk-Network-IPCT-HDW4830R-I/dp/B07MRHR2P5/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&m=AY4CT4V2U6LNL&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1555016747&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2&linkCode=sl1&tag=flark-20&linkId=fe00b5ef19fdfb5c0ad1cbeefd447316&language=en_US

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. The 4k turret you mentioned is fixed 2.8. I really would like the Varifocal type. What do you guys think of this: DS-2CD2646G1-IZ(S)
Or this: DS-2CD3685G0-IZS

Does the same apply to HIKVISION as it did for DAHUA as in International versions (i.e. HDW5231R-ZE) being better than commercial US versions?

Maybe, I don't know what I am doing...Still digging. Will keep you posted. Need one soon though.

Last edited: