Changes in repacked firmware:
-----------------------------
* Full-featured busybox
* SSH access enabled
* PSH (protected shell) disabled
* Dropbear host key persists between reboots
* Customizable init script

IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.5_170124_mcr.zip — RGhost — файлообменник

Also, no Hikvision backdoor in this one. Only 5.4.4 and earlier versions contain the backdoor. :)

Enjoy!

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hmmm... must be blocked by my ISP (comcast)... I get repeated timeouts attempting to access the link. I was able to download over my cellular connection and then transfer to my PC.

Mateusz

n3wb
Reaction score
Will this firmware be working with DS-2CD2142FWD-I camera? I've got V5.4.5 build 170124 and could not initialize NAS drive, and cannot connect using Putty to camera to apply patch.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cannot connect using Putty to camera to apply patch.
On connecting, the shell will be 'psh' which will seriously inhibit you from doing anything useful.
On that same firmware, on the R0 camera series, it's possible to enable SSH with the ClientDemoEn.exe program from the Win32 version of the SDK demo from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Mateusz

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for answer. Could you please tell me how using ClientDemoEn.ex could I enable SSH? I would like to get "uninitialized" nas drive problem but I'm a newbie at cameras.
I've got 6 DS-2CD2142FWD-I and 1 NAS WD MY Cloud with 6Tb for store constant movie from those cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to get "uninitialized" nas drive problem
The NAS NetHDD destinations have quite a variable, firmware-version-dependant, ability to handle the target volumes, as the method used is to pre-create a framework of folders and files that fills the entire volume.
It might be more productive to explore what volume size that specific camera and firmware will handle either by using user quotas (SMB/CIFS) or flexible volume creation (NFS) to see where the boundaries of success are for 'initialisation'.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please tell me how using ClientDemoEn.ex could I enable SSH?
OK, I just tried this and made some screenshots.
You will know that on the 5.4.5 firmware there is not a web GUI 'Enable SSH' menu option.
This is the camera after powering on, and then after using the ClientDemoEN.exe tool to enable SSH :
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\alastair>nmap 192.168.1.64

Starting Nmap 7.12 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-08-22 13:24 GMT Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.64
Host is up (0.00s latency).
Not shown: 994 closed ports
PORT      STATE    SERVICE
22/tcp    filtered ssh
80/tcp    open     http
554/tcp   open     rtsp
8000/tcp  open     http-alt
8200/tcp  open     trivnet1
49152/tcp open     unknown
MAC Address: 44:19:B6:5F:F8:FF (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 7.22 seconds

C:\Users\alastair>nmap 192.168.1.64

Starting Nmap 7.12 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-08-22 13:24 GMT Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.64
Host is up (0.00s latency).
Not shown: 994 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
22/tcp    open  ssh
80/tcp    open  http
554/tcp   open  rtsp
8000/tcp  open  http-alt
8200/tcp  open  trivnet1
49152/tcp open  unknown
MAC Address: 44:19:B6:5F:F8:FF (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 7.14 seconds

C:\Users\alastair>
And here are screenshots of the specific part of the tool itself.
It has a bewildering number of options and capabilities, and is far from bug-free.

Attachments

Mateusz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for help. Now I could telnet my camera, but still need to solve uninitialized problem. My camera could not connect do WD Mycloud using NFS, only SMB/CIFS connection succeeds. Unfortunately WD My Cloud does not support quota, so the best will be to set camera in such a way that it could only store e.g. 400 GB of data and then overwrite. Is there such a possibility? Or how can I solve uninitialized problem on this camera? There are no tutorial how to do so on 5.4.5 - could you please help me?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I could telnet my camera, but still need to solve uninitialized problem.
And presumably encountered the psh shell, which is serious hindrance on doing anything 'interesting'!

Unfortunately WD My Cloud does not support quota, so the best will be to set camera in such a way that it could only store e.g. 400 GB of data and then overwrite.
Does the WD MyCloud provide the option of creating multiple volumes of specified sizes? If so, that would be an avenue to experiment with.
And, by the way, as far as I know, each camera will require it's own dedicated share or folder structure. Foreign files in amongst what it has created will stop the storage working.

Mateusz

n3wb
Reaction score
And presumably encountered the psh shell, which is serious hindrance on doing anything 'interesting'!
Yes it was psh shell...

Does the WD MyCloud provide the option of creating multiple volumes of specified sizes? If so, that would be an avenue to experiment with.
Unfortunatelly WD MyCloud does not provide share with specified size, but I could create several folders for each camera.

intweed

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Could you make the same repack with 5.5.5 firmware, if it's not too much trouble? I'm afraid that I can not manage with SSH/Busybox adding on my own. Or, at least, a mini how-to... Thanks!