Meet Now

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, I had a UPS die last night (the one that my BI is on). When I switched UPSs and turned the computer back on, I had this new icon in my tray, "Meet Now". To my knowledge, I hadn't installed anything new and my first thought was that somehow that computer had gotten hacked. I quick jumped online on my other computer and searched. Yeah, I was hacked, but... it was by Microsoft. It seems that they've completely integrated this "connect with other people with the ability to share files" software into Win10. Yay, just what I was looking for, another piece of unwanted software with (not trusting these companies at all any more) a very possible back door into my computer that I cannot uninstall. Yes, I'm paranoid about my privacy. Anyone else feel the same way?

Oh, I rebooted THIS computer this morning. Yep, it has it too. The only thing you can remove is.... the icon in the traybar (yeah, that fixes everything NOT)....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, MS wants to know all about you and what you do every minute of the day, so they can target you with the ads and crap they think you like.

I swear, when I finally cash in if they do an autopsy I wouldn't be surprised if they find 2 amazing things about this tired old body:
  • Either my bladder is next to my brain or vice-versa because when I gotta pee really bad I can't think worth a crap.
  • A tiny MS software engineer will likely be found up my butt trying to figure out how I managed to misplace so many flashlights in my lifetime....he may even stumble on a couple while he's in there.
:highfive:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I found the same and was just as frustrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last post from TechFreak_ :

Raisy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not worried about this. I do not think that Microsoft strongly want my data