Meraki MV21 indoor Camera.

steve1978

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone ever used any of the Meraki cameras? I have the MV21 on trial at the moment and I am really disappointed. The software side of things is fine, its controlled from the Meraki interface very clean and tidy. Easy to use, a little bit lacking in options but the basics are there.

My real disappointment in in image quality, at 5m you can’t make out a person’s face in good light conditions, at 30 meters you can’t make out a license plate in daylight. I was hoping to replace our entire 25 camera set up with the Meraki system as it is POE, stores images on the device so no need for a DVR. But the image quality is so bad I have to rule it out. Anyone else have any opinions or experiences?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone ever used any of the Meraki cameras? I have the MV21 on trial at the moment and I am really disappointed. The software side of things is fine, its controlled from the Meraki interface very clean and tidy. Easy to use, a little bit lacking in options but the basics are there.

My real disappointment in in image quality, at 5m you can’t make out a person’s face in good light conditions, at 30 meters you can’t make out a license plate in daylight. I was hoping to replace our entire 25 camera set up with the Meraki system as it is POE, stores images on the device so no need for a DVR. But the image quality is so bad I have to rule it out. Anyone else have any opinions or experiences?
cisco makes network gear, they probably absorbed some other company that made the cameras and hence why they suck, probably over priced too. most cameras can store stuff on a local sd card, pick out any of the popular ones, I never hear of anyone using meraki cameras, wireless access points maybe but not cameras.