Microphone distortion issue

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I have installed a microphone to my security system like this one here below.
mic1.jpg
When the mic is on and recording, it seems to have an over gain sound on louder noises. By this I mean it will begin crackling or distorting the sound during the recording of these heavier louder sound. Is there an adjustment in Windows 10 64bit settings or in Blue Iris that I can change to adjust this over gain sound out of the mic. I looked over the forum and could not locate the settings for this mic here.
At this time, I have BI settings set to except the mic with a IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 7x35 zoom camera.

These are my BI and Camera settings here for the audio.
Animation1.gif Animation2.gif

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's been a while since I had a chance to respond. This mic still distorting. Seems like when wind hits it and when loud cars drive by. I turned volume to 1 and fiddled with sampling, encode mode, noise filter, still sounds like your rubbing pos/neg wires together, lol. I wonder if a foam head on the mic would help. I also have a pin hole mic I like to try out too. I made a shot of the settings after lowering volume of mic. It's better, but wind really makes it sound like a scratched record.

Attachments

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a while since I had a chance to respond. This mic still distorting. Seems like when wind hits it and when loud cars drive by. I turned volume to 1 and fiddled with sampling, encode mode, noise filter, still sounds like your rubbing pos/neg wires together, lol. I wonder if a foam head on the mic would help. I also have a pin hole mic I like to try out too. I made a shot of the settings after lowering volume of mic. It's better, but wind really makes it sound like a scratched record.
What are your options under audio in type? This camera doesn't have a built in mic, so the choices you have might switch between a line in and mic voltage level on the input.