Milestone camera settings not updating

Neil_IPCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I made a change on my cam FPS and saved it. Exited Milestone Manag and went back in but the FPS did not update under Cam settings. I have to manually update the FPS in Milestone. Is this normal?

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, that's how it works. You configure Milestone with camera settings that it sends to the camera when you hit save in Milestone. However it doesn't enforce those settings over time, and it doesn't pull in new settings that the camera itself changes.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Milestone is a bit of a pain in that is doesn’t compare its settings with the cameras or push changes only.
Typically you have to blow out the camera and re-add if you need to update significant changes or just push the settings from Milestone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil_IPCam

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah found out the hard way.. spent a couple of hours. Now trying to figure out why the recordings are not the FPS I have set in the cam. I set one of my cam to 55 FPS. Live view bounces around from 40 to 55 FPS and so does the recording afterwards. Also the Avi exports are HUGE!!

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
..... I set one of my cam to 55 FPS. Live view bounces around from 40 to 55 FPS and so does the recording afterwards. Also the Avi exports are HUGE!!
Why is your frame rate so high?, That's way too excessive.

For export, you should stick to the native milestone format.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Avi exports have terrible speed and size performance relative to native Milestone exports, as Valiant said.