Mini monitor for next to alarm panel

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Mini monitor for next to my alarm panel just to get a quick view before I head off to bed. What are people using for this?

My thought was a standard Android tablet running the camera app, secured to the wall with some kind of bracket that allows for removal to charge.

Just wanted to get some ideas of what you guys are doing.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tablet or phone with viewer app via WIFI. Not at a fixed point though. Whichever requires less energy to get to...
:ohsnap:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How about velcro on the back of the tablet . Command strips make velcro which is supposed to be able to be removed from wall with no damage

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Mini monitor for next to my alarm panel just to get a quick view before I head off to bed. What are people using for this?

My thought was a standard Android tablet running the camera app, secured to the wall with some kind of bracket that allows for removal to charge.

Just wanted to get some ideas of what you guys are doing.
$50 Kindle fire tablet works well with Tinycam pro.
Amazon has wall mounts for them as well.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed having it on my ipad on the night stand. That bump in the night? Just lean over and wake the tablet and check the cams. Don't even get out of bed unless it's serious lol.
Forgot the Ipad? Check them on my galaxy s8+ phone.
(Running it to a hdmi input on my tvs soon)

Edit: I assume you're running BI.
I understand you were wanting something next to the alarm panel, and as loony said the kindle fire tablet is a great idea. Just figured if it's next to the alarm panel, on velcro you could just take it to bed. Or keep it there, but that means getting up to see the cams which could be valuable time.
I like the velcro idea. Regardless a tablet is great.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are a prime member, the Kindle 7" is on sale for $35. The Kindle 8" on sale for $55.00. The 8 has a better screen than the 7.
The Kindle 10" is also on sale for $109.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have the fire ten inch tablet? I'm thinking of getting one...I have the 7 inch and it's great for what I do with it

Lunchietey

n3wb
Reaction score
My hikvision NVR has HDMI and DVI output so I use a HDMI to cat5e extension to the loungeroom tv and run the DVI to a Dell PC monitor next to the box.

Because the NVR is in my closet, the screen is easily visible from bed with the door open. The wife leaves it on at night when I'm at work or when just having a lay down.