Mini PTZ - Options

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a new camera to my fleet;

3 * DS-2CD2132-I (dome)
1 * DS-2CD2132F-IS (dome - flash/sound)
1 * DS-2CD2432F-IW (internal cube - flash/W?)
1 * DS-2DE4A220IW-DE (Mini PTZ with smart tracking)

I have narrowed down what I want quite specifically. I love the Mini PTZ with smart tracking, but I need the new cam to have shorter than 4.8mm lens. Also, IR is not required as ambient lighting is sufficient for 24/7 day mode operation.
- Less than 4.8mm lens (90° Viewing angle minimum)
- Some optical zoom capability
- Auto/smart-tracking (as per DS-2DE4A220IW-DE)
- 0.05 lux colour for 24/7 day-mode operation
- IR optional

Looking at the product listing on Hikvision's website, a few cameras seem to fit the bill;
DS-2DE4A204IW-DE - The main contender as I see it. Best night performance. Unknown auto-tracking support.
DS-2DE3204W-DE - 105° angle but not Darkfighter as above. Non-IR.
DS-2DE3304W-DE - Although I love this cameras specs, including 105° viewing angle, it is proven to not have auto-tracking capability.

So the burning question for me is, does all of the 4A line have auto-tracking?

gurra55

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DS-2DE4A204IW-DE. It has smarttracking not autotracking. What I like is 50 fps in HD but only in setting outdoor.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have DS-2DE4A204IW-DE. It has smarttracking not autotracking. What I like is 50 fps in HD but only in setting outdoor.
Thanks for the response. What is the difference between smart tracking and auto tracking?

The DS-2DE4A220IW-DE will detect movement and PTZ to follow said movement for a pre-set amount of time. It will also look to identify and flag faces as well as number plates. After x seconds, or when movement ceases, it will return to it's 'base' position.

Does the DS-2DE4A204IW-DE smart tracking operate in any way like that?

star500

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. What is the difference between smart tracking and auto tracking?

The DS-2DE4A220IW-DE will detect movement and PTZ to follow said movement for a pre-set amount of time. It will also look to identify and flag faces as well as number plates. After x seconds, or when movement ceases, it will return to it's 'base' position.

very interesting what sort of price is this mini ptz

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Please respond, I am very keen to buy this camera but I need to know it's functionality.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just set one up for a mate yesterday
The smart tracking works ok
You set the camera to it initial postision enable smart tracking set the zoom ratio and off it goes (blowing trees will trigger it off and it will look at them for the set time that you configured.
My mates looks at the front yard and gate he was blown away on how cool it was tracking me in his front yard I set it up to minamize any trees in it’s focus
And it’s stable.
He’s come from a Swann system to a full blown hickvision with the low light turrets and internal mini domes hooked up to his 4K tv his face once I finished was so funny especially when it was dark out side and the ptz was sill seeing daylight colour he kept waking out side and saying it’s dark how can these see day time colour
I just laughed and sad that’s high tech for you

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just set one up for a mate yesterday
The smart tracking works ok
You set the camera to it initial postision enable smart tracking set the zoom ratio and off it goes (blowing trees will trigger it off and it will look at them for the set time that you configured.
My mates looks at the front yard and gate he was blown away on how cool it was tracking me in his front yard I set it up to minamize any trees in it’s focus
And it’s stable.
He’s come from a Swann system to a full blown hickvision with the low light turrets and internal mini domes hooked up to his 4K tv his face once I finished was so funny especially when it was dark out side and the ptz was sill seeing daylight colour he kept waking out side and saying it’s dark how can these see day time colour
I just laughed and sad that’s high tech for you
Thanks Mark.
Can you please confirm you are talking about the DE4A204? I have the DE4A220 already and love this function. I want to add the A204.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry DE4A220 I used
The A204 that the one with the 4x zoom? And looks identical
Hopefully it would have all the same features as it’s a220 including the smart
Tracking