Mini ptz v2 vs hikvision 7608ni nvr

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 7608ni with poe that powers every camera I've ever tried. Over 10 varying from hikvision, dahua, and longsee.
I have a mini ptz v2 that powers up with 3 different poe switches and works. But when I put the v2 on the hikvision 7608 it won't power up on poe, no boot up or movement. Anyone have a clue why besides being a piece of junk? Importx said to just use a switch but I'd really like to get it working off the nvr.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any other PoE cameras plugged into it? if so how many?

Bill

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried with only the ptz with no other cameras all the way up to 5 other cameras although I only run 4 normally. I tried all 8 ports on the nvr. Even with 4 other cameras I'm not even a quarter of the Poe budget.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I've tried with only the ptz with no other cameras all the way up to 5 other cameras although I only run 4 normally. I tried all 8 ports on the nvr. Even with 4 other cameras I'm not even a quarter of the Poe budget.
It could be the Ethernet cable or that NVR voltage output is shot that it not producing enough amperage needed for a PTZ camera. Because of the motors in PTZ and bigger IR, it require more amps than a average standard fixed PoE cameras.

If it works on a switch or injector then it have to be that NVR. Is there a voltage/amperage setting in the NVR menu? I don't own a NVR so I couldn't help you there.

Bill