Miss first seconds of an alert video

petrho

n3wb
Reaction score
With the same configuration as in 3.x it ssems that 4.x is not store the first part of an alert video

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Are you recording direct to disc? What is your pretrigger frames set to?

petrho

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! no direct to disc and the pretrigger frames is set to zero. Actually I'm not sure which setting I had in version 3 (but I think it also was default setting) because I preffered a fresh install of the version 4...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK set your pretriggger frames to at least match the cameras FPS setting..so if blue iris is recording at 15fps use 15 pre trigger frames...this will give you 1 second before the recording..you can make it 30 or 45, the higher you go the more memory and cpu is used...1 second should do it in most cases. Also make sure that object detect reject is not checked in your motion detection tab.. it will make you miss recordings and/or pick up on motion late...

petrho

n3wb
Reaction score
OK set your pretriggger frames to at least match the cameras FPS setting..so if blue iris is recording at 15fps use 15 pre trigger frames...this will give you 1 second before the recording..you can make it 30 or 45, the higher you go the more memory and cpu is used...1 second should do it in most cases. Also make sure that object detect reject is not checked in your motion detection tab.. it will make you miss recordings and/or pick up on motion late...
Ok I changed both the pretrigger to 15 and also uncheck the object detect reject. Yes I know that changing more than just one thing at the time is bad but I start and see if it works then I can change the settings again :rolleyes:

Thanks for your fast reply

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are two settings you should change anyway...so you are good...