Missing Clip List

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated to the latest version to see if the time lapse had value for me. After the update the signal light was grayed out and the clip list was missing. I could not find a way to get the clip list to display. I reverted back to 4.5.1.5 and the signal light was OK but the clip list is still missing. I uninstalled BI and did a full reinstall of 4515 and still have no clip list in view. It's probably something simple but I can't seem to find it. Any help please.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated to the latest version to see if the time lapse had value for me. After the update the signal light was grayed out and the clip list was missing. I could not find a way to get the clip list to display. I reverted back to 4.5.1.5 and the signal light was OK but the clip list is still missing. I uninstalled BI and did a full reinstall of 4515 and still have no clip list in view. It's probably something simple but I can't seem to find it. Any help please.
Likely before the update or before a restart you removed admin privileges from the admin user...put it back.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
User admin is checked as administrator and view recorded clips is checked.

Can I delete the admin user and will BI auto reinstall?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem as the Clip List states Empty. The cameras are still recording clips and storing them in the same folder though. This happened since recent updates. Currently running 4.5.7.4x64. I tried the removing of all users including Admin and rebooting but the list is still blank. View attachment 19364
your issue is completely different...
they were missing the actual list.
looks like a clips and archiving allocation problem...only 115 gig of storage? is it limited to days?..post images for ALL folders.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your issue is completely different...
they were missing the actual list.
looks like a clips and archiving allocation problem...only 115 gig of storage? is it limited to days?..post images for ALL folders.
I only record from motion triggers. 115 gig is much more then enough . I rarely use more than a few gig and clips auto delete after 20 days. This system has been running fine for a couple of years so why the sudden Empty list . Like I say the clips still record to the same folder and the paths in Options match clip storage. I'm not sure what you mean by post pics for ALl Folders.
upload_2017-6-17_12-0-15.png

upload_2017-6-17_12-6-36.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I only record from motion triggers. 115 gig is much more then enough . I rarely use more than a few gig and clips auto delete after 20 days. This system has been running fine for a couple of years so why the sudden Empty list . Like I say the clips still record to the same folder and the paths in Options match clip storage. I'm not sure what you mean by post pics for ALl Folders.
View attachment 19371

View attachment 19372
post the blue iris status page...it lists what its doing to the clips and any errors...there may be an issue reaching the nas

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
upload_2017-6-17_13-12-56.png upload_2017-6-17_13-12-56.png

Folders are empty except for the Log and sync folders. I just now deleted the db folder. Rebooted the PC. Started up BI . Checked the above folders and db folder was Not created. Cameras recorded motion and sent the clips to where they always go but the List still says empty. Opened the status page and clicked Repair DB. (right beside that button it says DB: OK ) Anyhow clicked Repair DB and get the Error code 000000043 in the Clip List pane. Checking again if a db folder is created in C: BlueIris and it has not.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Restarted BI again and five motion trigger clips were recorded. Once again Empty List plus the Timeline showed no activity during these recordings.
upload_2017-6-17_16-34-45.png

So re-booted BI again and checked the Status. It says it regenerated 5 clips.
upload_2017-6-17_16-37-50.png
But the clip pane is still empty. The timeline shows no activity as cameras record.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Restarted BI again and five motion trigger clips were recorded. Once again Empty List plus the Timeline showed no activity during these recordings.
View attachment 19377

So re-booted BI again and checked the Status. It says it regenerated 5 clips.
View attachment 19378
But the clip pane is still empty. The timeline shows no activity as cameras record.
you have set your database to save on your nas...
as per the help file - and right there on the clips and archiving page labeled "important!", save the database to your fastest local drive.
then as a test change the path you your new folder to your local drive...

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The DataBase has never been saved on the Nas. The db folder is on local drive C: as in the pic above. Just as an experiment I'll save my clips to C:/BlueIris/New and see if there is a difference. If that doesn't work do you figure it's time to uninstall / reinstall ?

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OH!. When changing to a new path in Options for Clips and Archiving , I see the path for the database has changed to the Nas. It never was that way before and BI didn't create a db folder there. Yes I will change that first . Crossed fingers.