Missing Frames Immediately Following Motion Trigger - Solved

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been tryin for a few days to track down the cause of missing frames immediately following motion detection trigger. I tried several recommendations that I found on this site for similar problems, but nothing seemed to help. I finally found a discrepancy in how my Clips and Archiving was configured.

My NEW folder is addressed to C:\BlueIris\New and the max size is 15GB with max age 2 days. For some reason, the action defined when the size or age is exceeded was DELETE instead of MOVE TO FOLDER. I don't know how this got changed, but it used to be configured so that it moved clips to the STORED folder.

My STORED folder is addressed to S:\Blue Iris\Storage and the max size is 350GB with max age 60 days. The action defined when size or age is exceeded was MOVE TO FOLDER. Interestingly, the move to folder was the STORED folder (itself). This used to be configured to DELETE clips after max age or size was exceeded. Again, I don't know how this got changed.

I corrected the settings so that the clips in the NEW folder are moved to the STORED folder and the clips in the STORED folder are deleted. This got rid of the missing frames problem.

I hope this can be of some help to others. I am not sure if it is possible, but I think the configuration may have gotten corrupted with a Blue Iris update.