Missing motion

Reaction score
Please help me!! My Blue Iris is missing stuff. For example, records me pulling up in a van and records me leaving in the van. DOES NOT record the entire time I am loading 5 bails of hay into the van.
See attached. Thanks for any help given!

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, set the pre-trigger buffer to a second or so. Next is the object size, maybe reduce that. Keep in mind as an object gets further from the camera it gets smaller and people, even with a bail of hay, can get pretty small at 50 feet from a 3.6mm lens camera. You could also, probably, reduce the contrast level. It can take some time, trial by error, to tune things to work exactly the way you want them to for each camera and every lighting situation (bright sunny day versus overcast day versus night time).

A few more "tips".

Change "cut and combine" to one hour. That makes reviewing clips a little easier since you can navigate with better granularity of the timeline.

Disable overlays and use the time stamp and name features from the camera itself. If you have multiple cameras you will need to install a time server locally assuming the cameras are being denied internet access. This will lower system utilization by BI, more efficient for the PC/CPU.

Last edited: