Missing recording gaps

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I seem to be getting missing gaps in my continuous recordings and not sure why anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

Marsh

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible that your recorder is rebooting? I was just looking for some information on it... My NVR used to reboot itself randomly a few times a day, but now that I've updated it's firmware it's rebooting around about every hour.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not that I know as my recorder is a computer i5 quad core which is permanently on unless I reboot.

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I've noticed that with the Hiks I have connected to a dahua NVR using SmartPss for playback. Funny thing is when I went to play back the same footage on an older version of PSS there were no gaps. There were also no gaps when using playback via browser interface.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What model NVR have you got and whats the Firmware version and build
No nvr its recording on my computer win 10 i5 smb/cifs

ModelDS-2CD2032F-I
Serial No.*****
Firmware VersionV5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed if I try to play one of those gaps a blue square appears after it skips the gap like in this image.

I am going to try and diagnose this problem today if anyone has any ideas please help its driving me nuts.

That blue box will be the intrusion detection cant see how that would be a problem..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What type of hard drive are you using, this happens a lot with normal PC hard drives. I would personally recommend western digital purple drive.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is your issue you're using a PC hard drive to do the the work of a server.

Data is lost during high usage, depending on how many camera's you have as the PC hard drives can't keep up. Even good drives suffer you will notice pixelation on play back due to lost data and what your experiencing gaps.
Seagate drives seem to be the worst for this.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what if I stuck a ssd as my main pc os do you think this might solve my problem?

Click4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive got same problem, its not nvr rebooting because the gaps are at different times, other day 1 camera seems to of had a gap of over an hour :S when other cameras were recording fine.

Usng a Hikvision 7608 E2 NVR with latest firmware, an 2x WD 2TB Purple NVR Drives

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did manage to sort this out by installing freenas on on my media server and use it for my cameras and storage only I think the problem might of actually been network activity or what whoslooking mentioned I will be able to diagnoses it better with freenas but so far its playing pretty good not one gap and only around 30 watts load I am pretty happy with it.