Misted dome inside

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
My newly mounted IPC-HDBW5831 has a problem with mist.

This is my mounted cam, hopefully you can see the mist.
IMG_1457.jpg
I have to mention, that we are around 0-5°C and at night we are below 0°C. My weather app tells me a relative air humidity of 90%.

Here are screenshots of the record (time wasn't synced correctly ;-) ):
fogy/misty at night:
IMG_1407.PNG
clear at evening / twilight:
IMG_1441.PNG

Can someone give me some helpful tips to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Martin

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think that the IR led on the right side is reflecting on your dome causing the problem to begin try to remove the glass dome to see if the problem persist.
After you can try to move the camera , you have a strange view

BICK

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I try it nonite.
I have to cover the complete entrance and steps, therefor I rotated the cam to this strange view. Any ideas to have a better view?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
My newly mounted IPC-HDBW5831 has a problem with mist........Can someone give me some helpful tips to solve this?
If it's "condensation" and is on the inside of the dome, perhaps this will help. I made a verbose, earlier post regarding condensation inside a cam; maybe it will help you solve the issue. Towards the end of my post, there's suggestions on how to dry the moisture and replace/dry out the desiccant pack(s) inside the cam.

So you don't have to wade through the part that doesn't apply here, here's an excerpt that may help you:

"I think the best we can do to fix an affected camera and mitigate the situation to help prevent (but not guarantee) future moisture intrusion is as follows:

Wait until the ambient relative humidity is at its lowest point. Choose the driest environment you can for this procedure; in other words, the bathroom after someone took a hot, steamy shower or the kitchen after or during the stove has cooked or boiled anything is NOT a good place. This will be the biggest challenge but is likely the best way to not trap moisture-laden air inside the cam when re-assembling. Late afternoon, outdoors, sunny, no rain for 24 hours and out of direct sun may be your best bet.

Open up the cam, noting how it is assembled and what gaskets and sealant rings are in place then dry it out. Soak up excess moisture with lint-free cotton rag, handkerchief, etc. Use a small hair dryer on low to accelerate the drying out of the cam's interior but don't overheat any of the components.

Allow the cam to cool down to room temp.

Replace the bag of desiccant with a new, dry one. If you have no new bags, take the existing one, dry with hair dryer then bury in cup of uncooked, instant rice for several hours to absorb moisture from the bag.

Reassemble the cam (DON'T FORGET THE BAG OF DESICCANT), insuring OEM gaskets and sealant rings are in place. Insure that the pigtail cable entrance is sealed. If any gaskets or sealant rings are missing or damaged or the cable entrance is not sealed, you'll be wasting your time and moisture will be back in sooner than later. You should use clear, outdoor-rated silicone sealant to caulk the mating surfaces before AND after re-assembly, including the pigtail cable entrance. Allow to dry overnight before placing back into service."

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
My newly mounted IPC-HDBW5831 has a problem with mist.

This is my mounted cam, hopefully you can see the mist.
View attachment 35196
I have to mention, that we are around 0-5°C and at night we are below 0°C. My weather app tells me a relative air humidity of 90%.

Here are screenshots of the record (time wasn't synced correctly ;-) ):
fogy/misty at night:
View attachment 35197
clear at evening / twilight:
View attachment 35198

Can someone give me some helpful tips to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Martin
What @TonyR said, plus
The cause's could have been:
  • When the camera was installed, the Descendant pack was not in the case.
  • Screws weren't fully tightened that hold the dome in place.
  • Screws weren't tightened in sequence, IE: One screw was tightened all the way before the others were, thus damaging the seal.
  • gasket between the dome and the camera base was already damaged.
  • Camera was installed during a high humidity day.