Mjpeg

SkittlesX9

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased BI and need a mjpeg. everything tells me that it should be under record under camera properties. it's not. can anyone help? I'm connected to the camera that i need but i need to change the encoder and it won't let me. Hoping for a step by step in case i'm in the wrong area. i have the latest version of BI btw

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased BI and need a mjpeg. everything tells me that it should be under record under camera properties. it's not. can anyone help? I'm connected to the camera that i need but i need to change the encoder and it won't let me. Hoping for a step by step in case i'm in the wrong area. i have the latest version of BI btw
Welcome to the forum..what camera do you have?
If you know the url you can manually enter the mjpeg stream, you can select this by going to the top of the camera list.

SkittlesX9

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..what camera do you have?
If you know the url you can manually enter the mjpeg stream, you can select this by going to the top of the camera list.
Thanks seems like a welcoming place.

I'm using This Camera setup. I have links to video but none of them take me to a mjpeg. I'm ondering if i'm going to the wrong place if i should be trying to get to the cameras individually.

so where can i find the link? at the top of what camera list. could you send a screen capture?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you trying to use mjpeg...Try the zmodo from the camera list...

Sent via Taptalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are trying to stream directly from the NVR, try the zmodo zh/zmd/zp rtsp option from the camera dropdown..

SkittlesX9

n3wb
Reaction score
Might help if you know what i'm trying to do. I have a Veralit and i'm trying to get the video Feed to flow through it. I have some camera's working but their links all end in either jpg or mjpg. i think i have the URL for the feed but it's not ending in the correct file type. BI is suppose to be able to make Mjpgs but i can't figure out how to do it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From the help file
In addition to serving HTML pages, Blue Iris can also act as a "video server." There are a number of methods for retrieving images and video from the Blue Iris web server for use on mobile devices, converting a USB camera into a web camera, or for any other purpose. Here are the paths to these methods:
/image/{cam-short-name}?q=50&s=80A single JPEG image from a specific camera or group, with optional quality (q) and scale (s) parameters. Quality is a percentage from 1-100, and scale may be any number >0.
/image/{cam-short-name}?h=100You may also specify a specific height (h) or width (w) instead of scale.
/mjpg/{cam-short-name}/video.mjpgAn M-JPEG stream. This stream is compatible with Blue Iris's "MJPEG stream request."
/file/clips/{filename}&mode=jpeg&speed=100An M-JPEG stream of a clip from your New clips folder. You may include additional subdirectory names in the filename. The speed parameter is optional, a percentage of normal playback speed.
/thumbs/{filename}A thumbnail image from a specific file in the New clips folder.
/alerts/{filename}A JPEG image from the Alerts folder.
/admin?profile=xTemporarily change the active profile to x. Use x=-1 to toggle the lock status.
/admin?camera=x&triggerTrigger camera x (short name)
/admin?signal=xChanges the traffic signal state and returns the current state. x=0 for red, x=1 for green, x=2 for yellow. This requires admin authentication.
/audio/{cam-short-name}/temp.wavPull a raw audio stream (MIME type audio/x-wav).
/cam/{cam-short-name}?pos=xPerforms a PTZ command on the specified camera, where x= 0=left, 1=right, 2=up, 3=down, 4=home, 5=zoom in, 6=zoom out
/cam/{cam-short-name}?pos=100Causes a snapshot image to be captured from the specified camera.
/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.h264Pull a raw H.264 stream (MIME type video/H264). This stream will play in a tool like VLC, and may be used in future versions of the ActiveX control.
/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.tsPull an MPEG-2 transport stream (MIME type video/MP2T).
/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.m or .m3u8Pull a virtual M3U8 file (MIME type application/vnd.apple.mpegurl). This will play in QuickTime, iPad and the iPhone using the iPhone Live Streaming format.