Mobile application to view Huisun 10x mini PTZ camera

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Which android application works best with this camera?
PTZ and preset most be usable with the app

Thanks

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have tried Tiny Cam, Blue Iris, and IP Cam Viewer. IP Cam viewer is my favorite except that I have to use stream 2 because stream 1 hangs. I can't see what is being displayed (corrupted or still picture displayed from stream 2) but PTZ preset and controls still work if I switch cams and then back. Stream 2 displays 4:3 video but has navigation and preset buttons on the same screen, unlike Tiny Cam and Blue Iris. Navigation by presets moves the cam MUCH faster than fiddling with the arrows or virtual joystick. Use those for fine adjustments only. So, neither of the 3 is perfect but for me IP Cam Viewer on stream 2 works the best. Not sure why Tiny Cam can't put the vavigation button on the preset page even when using a tablet or why Blue Iris mobile doesn't have any preset button options.

McFly

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried Tiny Cam, Blue Iris, and IP Cam Viewer. IP Cam viewer is my favorite except that I have to use stream 2 because stream 1 hangs. I can't see what is being displayed (corrupted or still picture displayed from stream 2) but PTZ preset and controls still work if I switch cams and then back. Stream 2 displays 4:3 video but has navigation and preset buttons on the same screen, unlike Tiny Cam and Blue Iris. Navigation by presets moves the cam MUCH faster than fiddling with the arrows or virtual joystick. Use those for fine adjustments only. So, neither of the 3 is perfect but for me IP Cam Viewer on stream 2 works the best. Not sure why Tiny Cam can't put the vavigation button on the preset page even when using a tablet or why Blue Iris mobile doesn't have any preset button options.
I use IP Cam Viewer as well. Within my network, stream 1 works fine. Outside my network stream 1 gives weird results. Sometimes it will display the whole image, sometimes half of it with the bottom half blurry streaked. Stream 2 works fine but it distorts the picture a little. I assume this is due to the resolution of stream 2 on the camera? Is there a way to change the resolution of stream 2?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It does. Click on the balloon under the ptz controls.
Thought I'd pressed that balloon before and it didn't do anything so I didn't press it again. Now I find the preset controls. Thx!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I use IP Cam Viewer as well. Within my network, stream 1 works fine. Outside my network stream 1 gives weird results. Sometimes it will display the whole image, sometimes half of it with the bottom half blurry streaked. Stream 2 works fine but it distorts the picture a little. I assume this is due to the resolution of stream 2 on the camera? Is there a way to change the resolution of stream 2?
Seems to be just one option for substream at 704x480 in the Huisun web controls. I haven't tried it outside of my network with IP Cam Viewer but I can't imagine it'd improve. I've even juggled the i-frame interval on stream one and can't get good video through IP Cam Viewer. That's the only cam I've had that trouble with as well. I HAVE had erratic results with BI Mobile out at the very outer fringes of cell reception. Some video tearing, press an arrow and have the cam rotate the whole way in that direction, tap the zoom and have it zoom all the way in or out, etc. I had to leave the cam pointed at my house until I got back into better cell reception. Strange, but reception was so bad I had trouble using internet at all.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure why you guys sticking with ip cam viewer despite ovbiously having issue with main stream, even free ivms-4500 much better, but I prefer tiny cam

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the interface and I'm used to it and, now that I've got a PTZ (resisted for ages until I saw decent reviews of the dirt cheap Huisun), I like the PTZ control layout a lot better than Tiny Cam's. Don't you find not having the navigation, zoom, and preset buttons on one page a severe annoyance? Or maybe that's a purposeful annoyance in the free version? I can't imagine the author thinks it works better that way. The only issue with IPCV other than the mainstream problem with the Huisun (and only the Huisun) is that the GUI buttons look dated. TC does look like a fresher GUI. I also don't like the vertical camera layout on Tiny Cam, but I think that limitation is just because I'm using the free version. There looks to be better screen arrangements but I can't select them.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have paid versions of ip cam viewer and tiny cam and so it's no different in terms of controls. Although, I don't use PTZ controls enough for this to be annoying, it's just extra click, but I find Ip Cam Viewer to use very dated UI that I would rather deal with slight navigation issue. Besides like everyone else mentioned stream 1 has issues, it's probably still not optimized for high resolution cams, which is one of the reason why I made the switch back when I upgraded to 3MP Hikvisions. Btw, tiny cam dev is here on this forum, perhaps he might be interested to improve this navigation issue. @alexvas

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That'd be nice if he could, plus maybe @alexvas could implement the speed slider somehow (or just a checkbox to enable the higher speed) like the Huisun web control has that really speeds up the panning? TC does seem to have a bit higher framerate than IPCV when viewing on the LAN with my 4MP camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor.

There is a software H.264 decoder comparison between IPCV and tinyCam made 1.5 year ago. But nothing changed from that times. tinyCam is much smoother.

Moreover you can use hardware decoder to speed up tinyCam decoding (App Setting - Video Settings).

I will check regarding speed slider implementation. I'm just getting my Huisun camera today.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That'd be great @alexvas, thanks. Any thoughts on putting the PTZ navigation button on the same page as the zoom and presets? Following and zooming in on a moving subject is quite time consuming otherwise. If you think it's too crowded on a small screen for fat fingers (although phones are trending larger), there should be lots of room on tablets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I enable the Hardware Decoder on my Galaxy S5 (in tinyCam Monitor), all I get is a band of green where the video should be. So, software decoding is the only choice that works for me.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Zoom buttons are already available in landscape mode if you change joystick to button controls. I can put zoom buttons in portrait mode as well for tablets. There is room for that.

Screenshot_20160114-154429.png

Do not see place for presets at the moment.

McFly

n3wb
Reaction score
Any plans for an iOS version of tinyCam? I know a lot of people that would be very interested.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor.

There is a software H.264 decoder comparison between IPCV and tinyCam made 1.5 year ago. But nothing changed from that times. tinyCam is much smoother.

Moreover you can use hardware decoder to speed up tinyCam decoding (App Setting - Video Settings).

I will check regarding speed slider implementation. I'm just getting my Huisun camera today.

I been using your TinyCam Pro for a long time and loved the app.

I am using it on both Nexus Player and Amazon Firestick which allow me to quickly bring up the video on my TV to see who's at the door etc.

I noticed that after recent update, it very choppy on Amazon Firestick, I went into the App setting -> video but see no hardware option setting it.

Is it under another menu in Amazon Firestick?

Thank you for making an awesome app!

Bill

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I noticed that after recent update, it very choppy on Amazon Firestick, I went into the App setting -> video but see no hardware option setting it.
Hardware decoder is available for Android 4.3+ devices only. Most probably your Firestick is still running Android 4.2.