Mobile Home IP Cam Install Advice.

Mike41

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm the not so lucky owner of a mobile home! It has no attic access but has a block wall around the foundation and a crap crawl space. I have managed to install a few cameras on the roof eaves and using the gutter to run the CAT6 cables behind it down to the ground.

Now i need a way to get these cables inside the house. The block wall has no function other than looks and to keep animals out as the house sits on blocks that is tired down to concrete in the ground making it so that i can not simply go under the block wall.

The block wall has air vents all around the house they look like plastic air vents! like the type of Registers that are in your floor that can be closed or open. I have been toying with the idea of going in through one of them since they can be replaced.

The other option is to just drill a hole through the block wall and use PVC to help hide them.

Once under the house i will run all the cables into a closet and power the cameras with a POE switch.

If you are wondering how i get cable they ran the coax cable through a small hole in the wall from where a drain pipe runs out, i can not fit anymore through it as it is about a foot in the ground.

Never buy a mobile home!! Nothing but trouble. :(