MOBOTIX Not Recording To Synology

Cloughie

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new MOBOTIX camera ( v26 early 2022 ) and a new Synology NAS ( mid 2022 ) and despite all appearances to the good, the MOBOTIX software will not allow search and retrieval of footage from the NAS.

The camera says the NAS ( a SMB/CIFS Share ) is usable as a storage target.

The NAS is operating within limits and error free.

The camera Event List say sI have footage back to July 2022.

The MOBOTIX MXMC software playback timeline says I have footage back to July 2022.

I can actually see the 2GB files on the NAS inside the folder on the CIFS share for the date of interest.

Despite this the Mobotix MXMC stubbornly refuses to allow me to search by date for this footage.

MOBOTIX support insist the files must be corrupted. Convenient excuse!

Does anyone know how I can get at this footage which appears tantalisingly there but un-reachble!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite this the Mobotix MXMC stubbornly refuses to allow me to search by date for this footage.
(Not used Mobotix so guessing a bit here)
By this do you mean select the day in a calendar and click a Search button?
And that's the only way to select the playback?

Suggestion -
Temporarily point the camera to a new share and record for a short enough time that the file(s) are not huge.
See if that changes anything.
Upload the file to a cloud share eg Drive etc and re-engage with Mobotix tech support to challenge them about their corruption excuse with access to the file.
If the content isn't too sensitive, share a link here so we can take a look at the file format.