Monitor for viewing?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to get a monitor just for viewing the camera feeds. What are you guys/gals using?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
what do you have in mind? where u want to place it? a normal monitor should be sufficient. ?
Mine is Dell P2217 with Raspberry pi on the kitchen table.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us run the BI Computer headless and simply remote into it from another computer, tablet, phone, etc.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
A touchscreen makes it really nice to interact with the GUI, especially if this is a screen dedicated for BI use that isn't going to have other computer peripherals around it (ie mounted on a wall). You could easily have a decent size touchscreen with a mini computer mounted behind it to give an clean installation.

Personally at my home we have several Amazon tablets with wireless charging docks that we have set up to display the BI web interface 100% of the time. As long as the tablets are docked and getting power, then the screens will stay on and show the interface without locking the screen. But you can still pull the tablets off the dock to use or walk around with and they obviously run Android apps too if you need to use it for something else. But there is a limit to the number of cameras that you can effectively show on a small 10" screen, so if you have a lot of cameras, you might only show the most important ones on the main screen.