Monitoring USB Camera

galguire

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a Logitech USB camera on a Windows 7 computer running BlueIris and can successfully view it via a web link.

I have two POE cameras on another Windows 2008 Server running BlueIris and this also works great.

I would like to add the USB camera view to the Windows 2008 BlueIris Server, but having trouble.

I configured the camera with the IP address of the Windows 7 computer and attempted auto-configure "Inspect Now" on the Windows 2008 BlueIris server and it stated:
RTSP port detected!
Done
Make/model: RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4

But I'm unable to view it from the Windows 2008 BlueIris Server: "No Signal" Error: 80002ee2 (Failed to connect).
I can web into the USB camera on the Windows 7 BlueIris server from the Windows 2008 BlueIris Server, but just can view it from within the BlueIris app.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
On the remote system, add a camera, enter your remote machines external ip address or dynamic dns address. In the http port, enter your blue iris webserver port. Enter your webserver user name and passowrd
In the camera make model, select raw h.264. and use path /h264/XXXX Where XXXX is the camera short name.

galguire

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
On the remote system, add a camera, enter your remote machines external ip address or dynamic dns address. In the http port, enter your blue iris webserver port. Enter your webserver user name and passowrd
In the camera make model, select raw h.264. and use path /h264/XXXX Where XXXX is the camera short name.
YOU ROCK! Thanks very much for the help... all is working perfect!

The refresh rate on the remote system is pretty slow, but it is working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Are the machines local on the same network (if they are local, use the internal ip addresses)? if not then the connection speed will have a significant effect. Also, try increasing the max bit rate in the host machines webserver settings.

galguire

n3wb
Reaction score
No problem. Are the machines local on the same network (if they are local, use the internal ip addresses)? if not then the connection speed will have a significant effect. Also, try increasing the max bit rate in the host machines webserver settings.
That did the trick... and actually, the video is perfect for all cameras on my iPhone app connected to the Windows 2008 BlueIris server.

Thanks again!