More Car Troubles on the Corner

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This car had something leaking under the front just inside the passenger wheel. This was a warm day when she stopped. Temperature was 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius). Later she is able to start the car and the leak appears to have stopped. I'm not sure what she did to stop the leak.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This car had something leaking under the front just inside the passenger wheel. This was a warm day when she stopped. Temperature was 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius). Later she is able to start the car and the leak appears to have stopped. I'm not sure what she did to stop the leak.

the leak likely stopped because all the fluid was drained out. Problem solved! It's no longer leaking. Let's GO!

Reaction score
May have been running a little hot and some coolant leaked from over flow. Since it was not steaming she may have smelled it and decided to stop and check it out. That's a little honda civic, they can run for ever even when they are not maintained. (not that she isn't Maintaining) just saying. Also the radiator is plastic so it might have a leak. Either way she sure parked in a bad spot, i hope she gets it sorted. My SUV has a plastic radiator that developed a small crack last year and it was leaking really slow, but it never ran hot but i smelled it for about a week and could not find where it was coming from. But i eventually figured it out.

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My guess is: The car had a coolant leak, the offending parts were replaced and she was test driving it. Either the second electric fan kicked on and she noticed because she was paying attention or the temp light came on because the system wasn't full. Nobody is that prepared for a car problem, she gets out with a kneepad already on, doesn't even have to think about who to call. Going back the way she came also makes me think test drive. I was doubting AC condensate because of how fast it makes a spot, but lack of steam or growing of the size of the wet spot makes me think the condensate was just loading up and stopping caused a lot to fall off at the same time.

Reaction score
My guess is: The car had a coolant leak, the offending parts were replaced and she was test driving it. Either the second electric fan kicked on and she noticed because she was paying attention or the temp light came on because the system wasn't full. Nobody is that prepared for a car problem, she gets out with a kneepad already on, doesn't even have to think about who to call. Going back the way she came also makes me think test drive. I was doubting AC condensate because of how fast it makes a spot, but lack of steam or growing of the size of the wet spot makes me think the condensate was just loading up and stopping caused a lot to fall off at the same time.
The knee pads were for something else.:cool: