More Detail on Blue Iris Updates

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris publish more detail on what was fixed or added to their periodic updates? Today's update had listed: "Revised web server sockets. Revised camera streaming sockets. UI3 browser update. Other minor enhancements and bug fixes." Hoping to find more detail if possible. It helps me to decide if I really wanna mess with a perfectly working system :)

If the updates are significant enough, I guess the risk is more worth it. What do you guys think?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris publish more detail on what was fixed or added to their periodic updates? Today's update had listed: "Revised web server sockets. Revised camera streaming sockets. UI3 browser update. Other minor enhancements and bug fixes." Hoping to find more detail if possible. It helps me to decide if I really wanna mess with a perfectly working system :)

If the updates are significant enough, I guess the risk is more worth it. What do you guys think?
It is published in the help file. I post that info in the whats new section.
Always wait a week before updating.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This current update is totally skippable. No perceptible difference in performance from the socket change.

Well, you be the judge. I installed the update at about 1:00 PM today, right around the big spike where CPU usage isn't as stable afterward.

1583369886038.png