More help with Loryta SD49225XA-HNR

Lucky Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys were a big help the other day, thank you.

While messing around with the settings of my camera, I must have set something wrong. Now I cannot access my camera at all.

I tried to do a reset on the camera to start over, but the reset does not seem to work anymore. I hold the little silver button down while powering it up, and it is as if I'm doing nothing.

Any tips on how to do a proper reset? I thought I knew, but I guess not.

Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, hold the reset button down and power it up and listen for the click of the IR filter and then you can let go.

If you don't hear that or see the IR lights turn on if you take it to a dark place, then you have bad power and try changing the power source.

Lucky Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, hold the reset button down and power it up and listen for the click of the IR filter and then you can let go.

If you don't hear that or see the IR lights turn on if you take it to a dark place, then you have bad power and try changing the power source.
When I hold the button down and power it up, it starts to go through its start-up gyrations like normal. The button seems to have no effect.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might have to hold it down for several minutes. It may not detect the reset button being pushed (and held down) until it's done with the boot sequence.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, that is what it will do after the reset starts and you let go of the button. If not, you can always try with the power on pushing it in and holding until you hear the click - it may take a minute or two.

Now the camera should be back at 192.168.1.108

The easiest way is to take a laptop or computer (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (using the IPv4 settings), but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned above as we do not like our cameras touching the internet.

Lucky Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, that is what it will do after the reset starts and you let go of the button. If not, you can always try with the power on pushing it in and holding until you hear the click - it may take a minute or two.

Now the camera should be back at 192.168.1.108

The easiest way is to take a laptop or computer (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (using the IPv4 settings), but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned above as we do not like our cameras touching the internet.
You were exactly right.
I had reset it and not realized it. Thank you for the help.

Funny you mention not wanting to touch the internet. I was messing with the settings trying to let me access mine from the internet. That may be my next question if I can't figure it out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You were exactly right.
I had reset it and not realized it. Thank you for the help.

Funny you mention not wanting to touch the internet. I was messing with the settings trying to let me access mine from the internet. That may be my next question if I can't figure it out.
Read the wiki at the top of the page