Mosaic cameras web page?

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand each camera may have more than one stream so I was wondering if there is a way without encroaching on NVR recorder's operation to assemble a mosaic web page of many different ip cameras for a LAN page or even a WWW webpage using a dedicated computer/software?
Thanks,
Ray

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what brand/model of NVR? what cams? your nvr doesn?t already provide such an overview? (see 'channel zero encoding')

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use Wansview, Amcrest, Reolink and a few others. As well as 2-3 NVRs of different brand in the same location. Just trying to combine them all and reduce the bandwidth.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand each camera may have more than one stream
ah, i thought you referring to substreams (lower rez), but you meant that most cams can support mutiple clients streaming the full-rez video.
yes, most can, but some do limit the number of connections as they don;t have enuf horsepower onboard.

Have you looked into BlueIris (blueirissoftware.com) ? BI could pull the streams from most cameras, assuming they are reachable directly on your net.
If they are on the POE side of of an NVR, the NVR may provide an rtsp:// URL for each cam, so you'd get it from there... BI's web server will
show them all at once or grouped or individually, as you need. You wouldn't even need to record on the BI server, unless you want an extra centralized copy of everything...

Last edited:

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is my past experience with BI.
PM= passmark rating
Here is 6 installs I have for Blue Iris security cameras:
BLS I7-7700 PM=10735 5 cameras cpu=11%
TKO I3-3225 pm=4342 3 cameras cpu=20%
PRP I5-3330 pm=5937 3 cameras cpu=20%
TGF AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90ghz pm=3237 4 cameras cpu=42%
TKE Intel core duo cpu e7500 2.93ghz pm=1874 1 camera cpu=20%
WIZ Intel core duo cpu e7500 2.93ghz pm=1874 3 cameras cpu=77%

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
not sure what you're saying there. you don't think BI can handle it?
how many cams & NVR's total? average MP/fps per cam?
how many cams accessible directly vs behind an NVR?
Those sorts of details will help someone suggest something that might work for you...

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
one location has hikvision recorder & 9 cameras and AMcrest recorder & 8 cameras and BI on I3 with 4 cameras
owner wants to view ALL cameras on one monitor from another location.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i still think BI could work for that. not on that I3 tho. the I7-7700 for sure...
not recording and not doing motion detection etc will reduce CPU.

first thing i would do is play around on that I3 BI server and see if you can pull the channel 0 streams from each of the other NVR's as a 'BI camera'.
come to think if it, that may just be enough...

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand each camera may have more than one stream so I was wondering if there is a way without encroaching on NVR recorder's operation to assemble a mosaic web page of many different ip cameras for a LAN page or even a WWW webpage using a dedicated computer/software?
Thanks,
Ray
Take a look at this: mpromonet/webrtc-streamer.