Most efficient OpenALPR + Deepstack setup?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Currently I have my main BI system which has an i7 8700K, no GPU. Then in a separate VM on another system I run OpenALPR/Rekor Scout with CPU only. The CPU usage for OpenALPR is through the roof. So I'd love to be able to bring that down. CPU is high for Blue Iris, but it's not too crazy.

I'd love to throw a GPU into the BI machine and have both OpenALPR on there and Deepstack both using the GPU, but it seems like that might be problematic.

What are all you guys doing? I could get 2 x GPU's and have one in the VM for OpenALPR and one in the NVR. Best idea?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running 11 cameras, two old, 480, the rest 2 or 4 MP, probably 4 on DS, and two on OpenALPR, one 2MP, one 4MP. All running on an i7-6700, 16GB ram, Windows 10 Pro, dedicated, headless, no GPU, just the built in Intel. I run about 20% or so CPU, but it will peak on up with motion and ALPR.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a lot of motion all day long, large oak trees all around which cast moving shadows everywhere, including on the LPR cams

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I am running a I5-8600 with 24 cameras a couple 2mp, most are 4mp and 5mp, then 2ea 8mp. Only the built in HA
I have the console open with 19 cameras, along with 3 to 4 UI3 feeds with 4 to 9 cameras on them.
I have trees all around and use everything DS, IVR, AI, to reduce false alerts.

The CPU runs from 18% and 22%

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
You running sub streams? I'm still running full quality 24/7, so I think my CPU is a little higher than most

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You running sub streams? I'm still running full quality 24/7, so I think my CPU is a little higher than most
I'm running both. I had an incident outside of my motion areas which I really wanted full quality, and it was substream only. I changed to full quality recording 24/7 direct to disk, with substreams active. I gather substreams would be used for multiple displays and BI motion detection. I have trees, oak trees, a huge, 150+ year old poplar tree, I have trees, wind, and shadows. If the Dahua AI doesn't work, I use DS to cut down on the false alarms. My LPR cams don't see too much of the shadows.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tesla P4 would be a good card for this? Looks pretty interesting and just the right form factor for me and they have 8GB RAM