Motion alert video playback on bi app

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It there a reason when i watch a alert video that the video plays for a second then restarts and plays a few seconds then restarts again finally playing the clip? Is there a setting or is it poor connection to lan pc?
Thanks everyone

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It there a reason when i watch a alert video that the video plays for a second then restarts and plays a few seconds then restarts again finally playing the clip? Is there a setting or is it poor connection to lan pc?
Thanks everyone
its not a setting...how is your pc connected?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Its direct to router.. my internet isnt the greatest.. its dsl.. best thing i can get where i live.. do you believe its slow internet speeds?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its direct to router.. my internet isnt the greatest.. its dsl.. best thing i can get where i live.. do you believe its slow internet speeds?
it can be....does this happen when you are connected local wifi?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
No it doesnt.. so it must be poor bandwidth.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can try lowering the bandwidth limit in the webserver...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
You can try lowering the bandwidth limit in the webserver...
I took it down to 250kbps and seemed to help.. what is a good number in your opinion? I guess its dependent upon bandwidth of ips but just curious what you use.. thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I took it down to 250kbps and seemed to help.. what is a good number in your opinion? I guess its dependent upon bandwidth of ips but just curious what you use.. thanks!
Blue iris lets you choose 3 different profiles, and you can select which profiles to use when on lan and wan...so when you are home you can use higher bandwidth...
for me 2048 seems to be adequate for my phone....for you, it seems best to use 250 when remote and 2048 or so when local...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue iris lets you choose 3 different profiles, and you can select which profiles to use when on lan and wan...so when you are home you can use higher bandwidth...
for me 2048 seems to be adequate for my phone....for you, it seems best to use 250 when remote and 2048 or so when local...
Damn thats awesome.. now ill have to figure out where to set that up.. is it in the webserver?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn thats awesome.. now ill have to figure out where to set that up.. is it in the webserver?
webserver tab (on the newest release you have to hit advanced)...profiles 0,1,2
in the app its under settings...

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
webserver tab (on the newest release you have to hit advanced)...profiles 0,1,2
in the app its under settings...
Yea found that. How does it know when im accessing from wan and lan?