Motion alerts seem more sensitive after recent update

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have noticed that my cameras are triggering motion alerts when changing from day to night IR mode after installing version 4.2.2.6. Anyone else notice this? What specifically should I adjust to help minimize these alerts? Thanks

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeas we all see that, I'm having a hell of a time. At night any lights that use to not be a problem are now huge issues. I had to adjust sensitivity so far off at night to prevent false alerts that now I lost real alerts.

Blueiris seems to taken a huge step back on this update.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have noticed that my cameras are triggering motion alerts when changing from day to night IR mode after installing version 4.2.2.6. Anyone else notice this? What specifically should I adjust to help minimize these alerts? Thanks
You may increase min. duration aka make time. Or you might want use curl method:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5727-Different-settings-to-the-Hik-cams-at-sunrise-sunset-using-Blue-Iris-event-schedule

By using curl method Blue Iris won't trigger alert until http request has been processed.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My make time is set to 1.5 which you would think would be enough. I thought about adjusting contrast but I'm not exactly sure what changes from the default value would do if anything related to the issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My make time is set to 1.5 which you would think would be enough. I thought about adjusting contrast but I'm not exactly sure what changes from the default value would do if anything related to the issue.
That is actually a very long make time...that means the subject would have to be moving in the image before motion is triggered...it should not be that high unless you are also recording 24/7...I would use 0.7-1.0