Motion detection, CPU insanity?

Shyatic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I gave Blue Iris a test a while back, and have since switched to Milestone. The biggest reason was CPU utilization, and my Hikvision camera has built-in motion detection that Milestone could take advantage of, and not offload that effort to my PC and run the CPU up to high spikes.

Any way to configure this within Blue Iris? I am willing to give it another shot if it's possible, but if not then Milestone works reasonably well for me. I just don't care much for the playback/interface.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I gave Blue Iris a test a while back, and have since switched to Milestone. The biggest reason was CPU utilization, and my Hikvision camera has built-in motion detection that Milestone could take advantage of, and not offload that effort to my PC and run the CPU up to high spikes.

Any way to configure this within Blue Iris? I am willing to give it another shot if it's possible, but if not then Milestone works reasonably well for me. I just don't care much for the playback/interface.

Thanks!
How many hikvision/total cameras do you have and what is your cpu? When you tested did you use direct to disk? Blue iris is also implementing hardware acceleration in the near future which should help dramatically.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Don't give up, supply more info as suggested and individually set each camera direct to disk