Motion Detection Grid Not Saving

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Laview NVR LV-N5216... and I've tried multiple times and multiple ways of setting up motion detection alert grids and they don't save to what I set them at. I've tried on he NVR under Camera Management and via IP address over web that opens interface. Any suggestions. Firmware has latest update on NVR from 9/2016.

Last edited:

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No error message. On NVR I just hit apply and ok, it appears to save but if I go back and look, it reverts to just a random square of grid I didn't set.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have a step by step guide to setting up the Laview NVR Motion Detection on the LV-N5216D6E? Their support is slow to nil. My grids won't save to what I set them at and revert to random squares or rectangles after they are done and not what I draw. The menus are confusing and there is zero instructions in their guides.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes they are LV-PZ804N4 with an NVR LV-N5216D6E. Support says they are trying to figure it out and something may need an update but mine couldn't be the only one with the issue I would assume. Say if I draw a motion grid in a diamond pattern, it reverts to a square or rectangle of half the screen. I did update the firmware they sent to resolve an email alert issue. I've tried in both the NVR and web interface and they both seem to to the same thing. They are not really an instructions on how to set anything up either.