Motion detection in clip playback

alphablu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a question about detecting motion outside of the boundaries i have setup. The situation is this, i have several cameras with their own motion detection boundaries that i use for my purposes. Today my neighbor contacted me and wanted to know if i could check for a vehicle driving down the alley lastnight but he has no specific timeframe. The alley is outside the boundaries that i have setup to detect motion so no alert would have been created.

Is my only option to skim through 12 hours of video? Or is it possible to somehow set up a temporary motion detection trigger over the alley so that i can have it flag motion in the recorded video?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You can use a schedule, set up specifically for that camera, and trigger motion detection in the alley.

You can also review video using the UI3 interface on another computer. Hopefully, you're cutting your saved videos into one hour blocks. That will also make reviewing things faster.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question about detecting motion outside of the boundaries i have setup. The situation is this, i have several cameras with their own motion detection boundaries that i use for my purposes. Today my neighbor contacted me and wanted to know if i could check for a vehicle driving down the alley lastnight but he has no specific timeframe. The alley is outside the boundaries that i have setup to detect motion so no alert would have been created.

Is my only option to skim through 12 hours of video? Or is it possible to somehow set up a temporary motion detection trigger over the alley so that i can have it flag motion in the recorded video?
Some more expensive vms have the option to select an area after the fact and ask it to show you any motion that occured there. Blue iris does not. You can simply grab the timeline and scrub it, its very fast, or playback at 64/128/256 speed. Should not take that long.

alphablu

n3wb
Reaction score
Some more expensive vms have the option to select an area after the fact and ask it to show you any motion that occured there. Blue iris does not. You can simply grab the timeline and scrub it, its very fast, or playback at 64/128/256 speed. Should not take that long.
Ah Ok, Thanks