Motion detection using Reolink RLC-411 camera on LaView NVR??

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here. I was able to add a 3rd party camera (ReoLink 411) to my LaView NVR (LV-N9808C8E) by attaching the camera directly to my router first, and then changing the camera's IP addy to match the IP addy that my NVR assigns.

But I am unable to get motion detection recording. I have enabled motion detection by first logging into the camera directly.. But after I reattaching the camera to my NVR, when I try to enable motion detection, I get an error message that says "the camera does not support the function".

Continuous recording works fine, but I would like to set this camera to motion detect recording. Thanks for any help.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually, this is the reason why it's always a good idea to keep the camera and the NVR from the same company.

But, can you setup motion in the NVR, and not depend on the camera for motion.

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Usually, this is the reason why it's always a good idea to keep the camera and the NVR from the same company.

But, can you setup motion in the NVR, and not depend on the camera for motion.

Unfortunately, when I try to setup motion detection through the NVR, I get an error message "the camera does not support the function"

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ReoLink not advertising MD via ONVIF that your NVR can understand; your basically sol..

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a reolink also, looking for more feedback on this product here, trying to avoid making a separate thread, does anyone know of a thread discussing reolink specifically? We do not see a separate forum.