Motion Detection

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got my cameras 4 Dahua Turret Star lights up w/ the NVR. I am setting up motion detection just so I can easily see events, and can go back and look at them instead of the 24/7 recording. However, when I do go back and look at the log I have a few issues in Smart PSS.

1. I am only getting playback from one of my cameras under the NVR, which just so happens to be on channel 1. All 3 other cameras have the same recording schedule, but I can not get them to stream the recording. Not sure what to do here.

2. I have more motion detection recording than I do 24/7 recording/continuous. I am pretty sure this is due to street traffic and my front door flags (Merica...) . I have seen how some people eliminate certain areas of the camera to not detect motion. I was looking to do that under Smart PSS but can not seem to find it. (Edit: I was able to login to the NVR directly, and find the zone settings. However, I set all the zones, saved them and then when I found zones in smart pss I saw that none of my settings had moved over.) Can I do it right under the NVR or do I have to go to each individual camera?

Thanks for the help.