Motion Sensor and Cloud Shadows

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I searched the help file but I do not see anything for the setting under Object Detection that says "reset detector when: Object exceeds X % ". What should that be set at and can that help eliminate triggers due to clouds and shadows from sunlight changes?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I searched the help file but I do not see anything for the setting under Object Detection that says "reset detector when: Object exceeds X % ". What should that be set at and can that help eliminate triggers due to clouds and shadows from sunlight changes?
Yes, it's there. I'm not at my BI server at the moment, but it's in the Trigger settings.
As far as what to set it at, that's usually trial and error, it will depend if you are using zones or not, if you are, it's the percentage size of the zone.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, I know where the setting is, I was asking what it does in reference to cloud shadows because it is not listed in the help file.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, so if its set at 50%, does that mean when it detects something that is 50% of the zone, it resets, meaning it stops the trigger and starts over again waiting and theoretically won't record false triggers due to cloud shadows?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so if its set at 50%, does that mean when it detects something that is 50% of the zone, it resets, meaning it stops the trigger and starts over again waiting and theoretically won't record false triggers due to cloud shadows?
Yes, in the capture I shared, you will see mine is set to 35%.
You can use "Test run through motion detector" and see what is causing the trips, and you can set the detector size and see the results.
See page 91 of the manual.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Does the 35% help eliminate false triggers from scene changes due to the clouds? IE, the lower that percent, the less of a chance it will trigger due to sudden darkness or light from clouds?