motion sensor not working

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so im blue iris 4 software and i have 2 dlink 5010L connected to it. 2 of the cameras motion sensor works but the third one doesnt work. it worked a few weeks ago but i just notice that it stopped working lately. not sure what to do. ive tried turning on and off the software. deleting the camera and reinstall it on blue iris. enabling the mask option and disabling it. tried adjusting the sensitivity and color+brightness option. enabling motion sensoring. not sure what else i can do? it suppose to send a text to my phone. the other two cameras works.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so im blue iris 4 software and i have 2 dlink 5010L connected to it. 2 of the cameras motion sensor works but the third one doesnt work. it worked a few weeks ago but i just notice that it stopped working lately. not sure what to do. ive tried turning on and off the software. deleting the camera and reinstall it on blue iris. enabling the mask option and disabling it. tried adjusting the sensitivity and color+brightness option. enabling motion sensoring. not sure what else i can do? it suppose to send a text to my phone. the other two cameras works.
There is no motion sensor in the camera. Blue iris does the motion sensing. Is the camera recording and you are not getting alerts? or is it not recording as well?
Make sure object detect/reject is disabled in the motion tab on all your cameras.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the camera is set to record when it is triggered and also to send an alert via text message otherwise its just on but not recording. the object detect/reject is enable i rmemeber. what is this option exactly. it was enable as default setting.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so yea basically its not recording since it wont get triggered even when im jumping around in front of it or waving my hands.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the camera is set to record when it is triggered and also to send an alert via text message otherwise its just on but not recording. the object detect/reject is enable i rmemeber. what is this option exactly. it was enable as default setting.
To troubleshoot the problem, you need to advise whether it records but doesnt send the alert or it doesnt record at all.
The object detect, is on by default but it should not be. Read the help file. Its only useful in limited situations and should be turned off or your will certainly miss important motion..

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
like the other two cameras triggers and sends me an alert everytime i walk by it but the third camera does not trigger. they all have the same setting pretty much. the third camera triggered before but now it just stop triggering. so i dont know if its because of the camera or something setting within blue iris but i havent changed anything. i just notice that the camera switches from infrared and normal and vice versa every now and then since its in front of a large window with sunlight shining in. maybe that messed up the sensor or something. but then its blue iris that controls the motion sensoring so i dont know what it is.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
admin please move this to trouble shooting section. tried deleting it but didn't know how.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
like the other two cameras triggers and sends me an alert everytime i walk by it but the third camera does not trigger. they all have the same setting pretty much. the third camera triggered before but now it just stop triggering. so i dont know if its because of the camera or something setting within blue iris but i havent changed anything. i just notice that the camera switches from infrared and normal and vice versa every now and then since its in front of a large window with sunlight shining in. maybe that messed up the sensor or something. but then its blue iris that controls the motion sensoring so i dont know what it is.
nothing in the camera affects the blue iris motion detection...as long as its sending the video, there is nothing else on the camera side. Post your motion detection settings...

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so I tried to test the trigger and it works manually when I click trigger. and also look at all the settings of the other cameras and their all the same but not sure why this one does not trigger when im dancing infront of it. Works a few weeks ago.

Motion sensor enable
object size and contrast set to more so to the left side

object reject disable
use mask and hot spot disable
do not hightlight motion
color+ brightness
when trigger setting all unchecked

Moon the record tab
create an alert is checked
always create hi res JPEG is checked
pre trigger is checked
Combine or cut is checked.
Just default settings.

Schedule tab is default.
Always online.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seriously. Not sure why but everytime I post. It starts working again. I just changed the name of the camera from 1 to something else. Disable. Restart. Enable. Then it works now.