Motion Trigger Adjustment

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have 16 cameras on BlueIris running the latest edition. My property is surrounded by 50 palm trees making it an absolute nightmare on windy days. I setup zone crossing, increased my delays and lowered my sensitivity but I'm still getting flooded with false alerts because my palm tree shadows tend to sway across all my zones every 20 seconds on windy days. Here is a quick overview of the setup...

Blue Iris Motion Sample

Any suggestions on how to further tweak it down without getting to the point that real triggers get missed?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same situation you have, but even more complicated. I gave up long ago trying to send me alerts outside. I now use inside cameras as my sms notification alarms when I am away, with good luck. Only hope I know you will have is to set up PIR sensors or laser sensors outside to have an external notification through BI, with low false alarm. You could possibly narrow your focus to a very small area by the front door. Moving shadows are a nightmare, because you literally have an infinite number of situations to contend with. I still set up outside cams for triggers, so I can review the next day, but do not use these as alarms while away. Good luck.

Last edited:

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you both check out the BI video tutorial on motion by @Dasstrum

Might help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk