Motorola FOCUS66, third party software, and resolutions

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my hands on a pair of Motorola FOCUS66 cameras, and while they work great on the app and website with HD, I can't get anything higher that 440x440 in Blueiris. I get access using JPEG and "[IPADDRESS]/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?date=1&clock=1&camera=1&resolution=1280x720", no port specified. I've tried logging into the web app at the same time, still kicks it to low res, and when I try to move it up, Blueiris automatically lowers it.

Everything I've read states these cameras were designed to not allow anything other than the Hubble app to access them, so I know it's an uphill battle, anyone have any experience?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got my hands on a pair of Motorola FOCUS66 cameras, and while they work great on the app and website with HD, I can't get anything higher that 440x440 in Blueiris. I get access using JPEG and "[IPADDRESS]/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?date=1&clock=1&camera=1&resolution=1280x720", no port specified. I've tried logging into the web app at the same time, still kicks it to low res, and when I try to move it up, Blueiris automatically lowers it.

Everything I've read states these cameras were designed to not allow anything other than the Hubble app to access them, so I know it's an uphill battle, anyone have any experience?
try this IPADDRESS//axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi
or
IPADDRESS/video.cgi?resolution=[WIDTH]x[HEIGHT]

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

I did try both of those, and I get a socket error on both. Any other ideas you would recommend?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

I did try both of those, and I get a socket error on both. Any other ideas you would recommend?
You can email the developer and give him access to your cameras (port forward) and he may be able to get the correct url.
Also see this post http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list
If you would like to do a teamviewer session, i can try to see whats going on..
also post a screenshot of how you are entering the info on the blue iris config page, you may be entering it incorrectly.

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score

Here's a shot, note that under 'Make/Model' I've tried the JPEG/GIF, MJPEG, and all 5 other options, as well as a few that looked promising from the list (based on what was auto populated into the path, I was searching for one that may have a 'video.cgi' already pre-entered, just as a long shot). I could do teamviewer, I'm Central time, and I work odd hours tho

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@unbwogable You must have the port correct as well as the login credentials....im around now if you want to pm me.
You can use a port scan tool like fing on your phone (while its connected to your network) and it will tell you all the ports the camera is broadcasting on..

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
At work at the moment, can't share screen. The image comes through fine, just low res. I did try the four ports fing found, only one works, and I'm clueless on my login, would that be what I use to login into Hubble?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
At work at the moment, can't share screen. The image comes through fine, just low res. I did try the four ports fing found, only one works, and I'm clueless on my login, would that be what I use to login into Hubble?
You need to enter the same user name and password you use to login to the camera itself...

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
Allow me to clarify, these cameras are designed for folks who have no clue what they are doing, the only way (that I'm aware of) to configure them is to log into an app called Hubble, or from hubble.com, and use that to connect them via wifi. I am not actually able to log into the camera, if I try the IP:Any port, I get a 404 error (I've tried several). I may sound like a newb, I have successfully configured quite a few other IP cameras in the past, this one was just a tough one (there's no other info on the camera body, either, aside from serial and model.

Unless I'm missing something. In which case I would love to learn!

As I said, I can get a picture with my port set to 0 or 80, just stuck at a ridiculously low resolution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Allow me to clarify, these cameras are designed for folks who have no clue what they are doing, the only way (that I'm aware of) to configure them is to log into an app called Hubble, or from hubble.com, and use that to connect them via wifi. I am not actually able to log into the camera, if I try the IP:Any port, I get a 404 error (I've tried several). I may sound like a newb, I have successfully configured quite a few other IP cameras in the past, this one was just a tough one (there's no other info on the camera body, either, aside from serial and model.

Unless I'm missing something. In which case I would love to learn!

As I said, I can get a picture with my port set to 0 or 80, just stuck at a ridiculously low resolution.
Not sure how the camera works, but its possible that some streams require proper login, so I would try that...the mobile low res stream can be broadcasting on a different port...Have you tried scanning the ip address with ipcamviewer mobile to see if there is another compatible camera that is on the blue iris list?

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
I did scan, out of curiosity, a dozen or so options popped up, many work, all have the port listed a 0. Probably going to have to get ahold of Hubble somehow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did scan, out of curiosity, a dozen or so options popped up, many work, all have the port listed a 0. Probably going to have to get ahold of Hubble somehow.
Try using the axis 205 or 207mw streams, or the one above/below them...see if any of the first few axis options work.

unbwogable

n3wb
Reaction score
Ran through most of them, the 207mw works, but still stuck low res. I really appreciate the input tho.

nest1

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys, i read some reviews and im very interested in Motorola Focus66...can anybody tell me his experience with it or recommend some other products from that price range?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score