Motorola Focus85 and VLC?

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me here, my baby monitor has suddenly ceased to work. I have a Motorola Focus85 that i would like to use in the meantime, but the Hubble app is very laggy and limited, i have heard that VLC can be used instead but annoyingly i can not find any instructions on how to do this? please can someone help......any assistance much appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As the technical specifications do not seem to exist apart from showing size and weight - it's not clear if it is ONVIF compatible.
But, on the assumption that it may be - very few are not these days - discover the RTSP URL by using the very good open-source Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Give it some logon credentials (top left of the window) and it will show the RTSP URL at the bottom of the 'Live Video' page.
You can use this directly in VLC for the 'Open network stream' parameter.

Reaction score
Im an absolute noob to this and not sure entirely what you are saying but i will give it a try now......i have no experience whatsoever with IP cams and RTSP.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i did load up the programe and used the login that i think it could be user / pass and tbh i dont know what i am doing and it said there is no endpoint listening 192.168.0.1

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera IP address is on the same network segment as the PC that ONVIF Device Manager is running on, it will find the camera automatically.
If it finds nothing - the camera is not ONVIF compatible and the tool will be no help finding the RTSP URL for use in VLC.

However - iSpy Connect lists a few possibilities for the Focus85 : Connect to Motorola IP cameras