Mountain Lion Spotted Just Before Midnight

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
We have a very narrow sidewalk that runs in front of our house. This mountain lion was seen walking on our sidewalk last night just before midnight. It was last seen walking down the hillside to a much more populated area of houses.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW!! Your captures never cease to amaze me! Thanks for sharing.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best corner action in California! Beautiful beast - thanks for sharing. ...that is, I'm guessing it's California

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Between the wild life, pot heads, tweakers, drunks, and bums, I think I'd move.
Speaking of wild life, a few hours after seeing the mountain lion, an opossum was seen carrying 6 or 7 smaller babies on her back just below our deck in the back of the house. I wonder how she got them all to climb on her back for the ride?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, the wildlife is getting better . . . than the normal wildlife traffic. Keep em coming.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
That should scare the piss out of your other visitors!:paranoid::nervous:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bro...that is verwy fuQin’ scarwy...I’d be carrying my 870P in your neighborhood after dark. Locked and loaded.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bro...that is verwy fuQin’ scarwy...I’d be carrying my 870P in your neighborhood after dark. Locked and loaded.
Just be sure to carry it in a guitar case so the locals will think you're on your way to a gig and won't call LEO !

P.S. - Is it the mountain lion or the 'possum that's got you worried? :D

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I think about all of the mountain lion attacks I've heard about, most often if the person had a gun they missed their target and the shot didn't deter the lion. It isn't easy to properly aim and fire a gun when a lion is charging you or is about to take a bite. Hiking poles, walking sticks, and knives may be more useful though would involve a pretty intimate encounter. Don't get me wrong, I'd want a gun too. I know of one attack where the victim used their rifle to hit the lion as it killed their dog after they missed their shot. If you see a mountain lion before it's charging for your jugular, make noise and make yourself look as big as possible. They also apparently really dislike the human voice. You're most likely to be attacked if your moving fast (running, biking, on an atv). Small children and pets are also obviously tasty morsels to a lion.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I was contacted by nearly every TV station in the San Francisco Bay Area. Yesterday there were live news reports in front of our house and up and down the street. It seems all my neighbors now know of the mountain lion sighting as it resulted in nearly a 100 percent reduction in early morning joggers and dog walkers. This was the only brave person that was seen this morning. He appeared to be carrying something suspicious. Edit: The last TV station contacted me this morning.

Only Walker or Jogger.jpg

Last edited: