mounting box ideas

jrhoops

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am prepping a new install/upgrade of existing cameras. I am not exactly in love with the exact placement of my current cams so I am looking for options. I have 2 holes on each corner of the house but they are closer to the house than I want and I dont want to drill new holes (soffit). My thoughts were to procure a large junction box that I could mount both of the new cams to. This would allow me to utilize both of the existing holes to pull cable through. It would need to be approximately 18"l x 18"w x 3"ish?

It doesn't have to be a junction box officially of course but not certain I have the skillset to build my own entirely from any given material, also weight becomes a concern. I suppose I could use an elbow/flange of some sort to direct the cables to the new locations/junction boxes (pfa137/139 on order).

I also believe I am overanalyzing this and someone has already solved this problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score

jrhoops

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after discussing with a friend of mine we will be building an enclosure from good old fashioned lumber...lol