Mounting cameras to trees close to the street viable with new Hikvision strobe light cameras?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In order to reduce people attempting to go through cars or breaking in would it be a good idea to mount cameras directly on the tree next to a parked car that can see the vandals with the new hikvision spotlight cameras? I would assume they would be less willing if they see the cameras are only a few feet away and the light is either on or goes on with a strobe effect. In addition wheel theft has been going on and in under 3 minutes they stole a set of wheels off a car when a car pulled up beside a residents car. Next I would consider mounting 2 plate reading cameras to a tree over hanging the street. Last option is I got a quote about 1000-1500 per car I can have a the cars handles modified to run electricity through the handles when the car doors lock. They already stole a police badge so they are brazen. Picked up a new DS-7608NI-I2/8P and would a redundant Visualint system to monitor activity in some areas be suggested?

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I mounted my LPR in a tree and I am very satisfied with it. It's a Frankenstein set up using a standard Hikvision pole mount bracket. I ran my cat6 wires through the air from my house to the tree. I get plate reads all day and night. During the winter my LPR is visible from the street. During the spring a summer the LPR is covered by the foliage.
If your concerned about camera visibility as a deterance most criminals know that wearing a hoodie pulled tight around the face or a face mask will prevent any identification thus not scaring them off. I'd rather opt for signs that are clear and visible that state cameras on the property.

Attachments

Last edited:

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, I missed the notification. A LPR would probably be a good idea like yours to get the plate of the car that comes when the wheels are stolen.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I love mine. LPRs are great tools in capturing valuable information when a crime occurs