Mounting dome camera on stucco, best screw to use and size?

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Bought a few cameras from Andy.
What screw did you use to secure the dome cameras on stucco? Can you please give me the width and length that fits in the mounting holes? Thanks!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
think they come with those plastic anchors and screws.

use those.. they work great. just pre drill with a masonry bit first.. and ur good to go.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used 2.5-3" gold screws ( stronger and a step above drywall screws ) on the holes that I was drilling into studs behind the stucco.
( only needed to do this on 1-2 of the junction boxes holes .. the other side I used a shorter screw into the plywood / wood board )

I pre-drilled a hole into the stucco with a masonry bit until I hit the wood, then pre-drilled a bit with a normal bit to the depth that I needed.

Worked well.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used 2.5-3" gold screws ( stronger and a step above drywall screws ) on the holes that I was drilling into studs behind the stucco.
( only needed to do this on 1-2 of the junction boxes holes .. the other side I used a shorter screw into the plywood / wood board )

I pre-drilled a hole into the stucco with a masonry bit until I hit the wood, then pre-drilled a bit with a normal bit to the depth that I needed.

Worked well.
what's the width that fits into the holes of the camera?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what's the width that fits into the holes of the camera?
Hi @m3tpe

I'm mounting the junction boxes on the wall, so if the screw threads are a slight bit wider than the holes in the junction box there really is no issues as I am not needing to use finely threaded screws in this application.

Probably the same can be said if you plan to mount the camera directly on the stucco.

Remember the di-electric gel in the RJ45 boot + silicone stretch tape or coax seal as well as properly using a "n" shaped silicone caulk bead to protect the junction between the camera base and stucco from water intrusion.

You can just take the base to the hardware store and compare what screws will fit.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Bought a few cameras from Andy.
What screw did you use to secure the dome cameras on stucco? Can you please give me the width and length that fits in the mounting holes? Thanks!
It would be same diam screw as what came with the camera.