Mounting PTZ on a pole?

Reaction score
I just received a Hikvision DS-2DE7186AE 2mp 30x PTZ. Now to mount it. I want to put it on a pole near the street in my front yard. However, I need to buy and install the pole first. Those of you with experience... What type of pole did you use, and where did you get it? And how hard is it to install?

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recommend chain link fence top rail. It is galvanized steel 1 5/8 OD 24 feet long. Nice stuff to work with and as cheap as it gets. Many fence guys deliver or you can hang it under your car (caution required) it works.
Good Luck
Eric

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received a Hikvision DS-2DE7186AE 2mp 30x PTZ. Now to mount it. I want to put it on a pole near the street in my front yard. However, I need to buy and install the pole first. Those of you with experience... What type of pole did you use, and where did you get it? And how hard is it to install?
I recommend building something like this. You can place the PTZ camera near the very top. It only takes a couple of weeks to build. It actually comes with several poles, not just one. And, as an added benefit, the attached solar array will easily power a single PTZ camera.

2015_0923_Tamarack_Fire_Tower_g0qvqt.jpg